Carrot Cake


I got this recipe of a carrot cake from my friend Monique Kok (the original recipe is on the pic below, in Dutch). I adjusted it a bit by adding less sugar and adding salt, because I think that also 'sweet' bakings always need salt. And the cake needed more time in my Aga than in the recipe: I left it over one hour and a half in the baking oven and it came out perfect!

Ingredients:
125 g sunflower oil
400 g sugar
4 eggs
300 g self raising flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon (powder)
2 teaspoons nutmeg (powder)
1 teaspoon clove (powder)
1 teaspoon salt
300 g carrot (grated)
100 g crushed walnut

Method:
Mix the oil and the sugar and add the eggs. Mix well, until the sugar is all solved. Then add the powdered spices and the salt. Finally you can add the flour and the grated carrots. Make it a homogene mass and work the crushed walnuts in the dough.
Put it in a well prepared baking tin (greased and powdered with flour) and place it in the baking oven.
After about one and a half hour your carrot cake will be ready. Check this with a toothpick: when it comes out dry your cake will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment